Discover our airport revolution
Why Aena Ventures?
The selected startups have participated in a 6-month acceleration program to implement a paid pilot that could become a contract of up to €2 millions with Aena, the first airport management company in the world.
Each startup has implemented its solution through a pilot project at Aena’s facilities to verify its effectiveness, improve its product or service and open new lines of business.
The startups have received 50,000 euros for the implementation of their technologies and have presented their project at the Demo Day.
We will give participating startups the opportunity to win a contract of up to 2 million euros with us for the development and deployment of their idea at selected airports.
The selected companies have participated in an open innovation program that connects startups, corporations and investors.
Mentoring and Workshops
Expert mentors in the airport sector have advised the startups at each stage of their project. In addition, they have participated in workshops aimed at developing their idea.
We have provided access to airport operations, working groups and facilities, as well as space at our headquarters at Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport.
What were we looking for?
1. STREAMLINING PROCEDURES AND TRAVEL TO THE AIRPORT
How to help the passenger, whether departing, connecting or arriving, reach the airport on time, pass simply through the filters and other airport procedures, move easily around the facility and reach their point of final destination.
- Solutions for passing the security and passport controls.
- Solutions for VAT refunds.
- Solutions to reassure the passenger that they will reach their flight on time.
- Making sure that users arriving in their own vehicle can find a parking place easily and quickly.
- Grouping means of transport together, to help the passenger find the best mobility solutions.
- Seeking ways to monetise this process.
2. PASSENGER EXPERIENCE
How to make the passenger’s trip from when they decide to travel until they reach their destination pleasant and enjoyable, offering entertainment experiences for the passenger both in the airport and in flight, thinking of all kinds of passengers and cultures and seeking business models which guarantee return.
- Leisure and entertainment solutions for any kinds of passengers, children, senior citizens, foreigners, etc.
- Entertainment solutions the passenger can bring on board in flights.
- Options for trying new products in the airport.
- Facilities for purchasing in the airport and collecting at the destination.
- Opening the commercial offering to the diversity of passengers to be found in the airport.
3. PASSENGER COMMUNICATION
How to maintain the bidirectional flow of communication with the passenger, in real time, also trying to capture their loyalty, understood in general with all the associated diversity, from children to senior citizens, persons of reduced mobility and those with social, cultural or religious diversity, etc., and humanising this process of communication. Also seeking business models which guarantee the return on expenses and investment.
- Solutions for advising on incidents with flights or accesses to the airport.
- Solutions to allow the passenger to create incidents.
- Solutions for communicating commercial services and offers.
- Solutions which are multilingual and respectful toward passengers of all ages and religious persuasions.
- A personalised channel which complements or improves the Aena Canal Club Clientte.
- Solutions for unifying all communications with the passenger.
- Solutions for assisting passengers of different cultures, children, senior citizens, persons of reduced mobility, for the airport to be accessible to all.
- Consideration of the social, cultural and religious diversities of the passenger.
How to offer arguments that the airport is a sustainable place, and try to convince a type of passenger who does not wish to fly because they consider it polluting.
- Information about and offsetting the carbon footprint of the trip and the journey.
- Solutions for managing the waste from restaurants, plastic, boarding passes, parking passes, etc.
- Reduction of energy costs, engaging the passenger.
- Efficient energy management of the terminal.
- Use of electric and autonomous vehicles (air side and ground side)
- Charging electric vehicles and encouraging the use of hydrogen and other non-
5. BAGGAGE AS A WHOLE
How to help the passenger not to worry about their suitcases, special baggage, pets, etc., both at check-in, in connections and at the destination.
- Handling baggage for connecting flights, so the passenger need not concern
- Baggage carousel improvement solutions.
- Solutions for avoiding problems with luggage size when embarking.
- Solutions for reserving cabin space for hand luggage.
- Real-time information about the location of the cases and help in the processes of reuniting them with the passenger.
- Facilitating baggage collection.
- Solutions for handling special baggage and pets.
Mentors and Tutors
In addition to external mentoring from the best specialists in entrepreneurship, the startups have received advice on airport matters from all areas of Aena, the world’s No. 1 airport management company.
Your business with the airport
Respect for the environment
Leading systems in the airport sector
Attention to the passenger
How to search government funding
Airport design, project and construction
October 14th 2020
Closing of the inscriptions to the program
Announcement of selected candidates
Welcome Week →
Guided tour of the facilities and presentation of the teams
Demo Day →
Presentation of the projects for the entire organization of Aena that could give you access to all its airports